Ive been wanting to share my “Go To” mommy reciepes for so freaking long. I barely even have time to pull up my phone and really “blog”. Ever since I was pregnant with Lennon, my first child I wanted to share easy cheap meals to feed the family. Now as time has gone by, I have improved my budget thanks to my sister Paloma, and well trial + error. Not everything is the healthiest but I try to add some sort of protein or veggie protien to each meal. My dinner meals are bigger batches so I can pack into my husbands lunch or have left overs. This saves so much time and money in the long run. I used to let my husband get takeout way too often and as much as its convinient, it adds up. We are a single income household so I try budgeting the most I can. I wish I did this alot sooner.
Here it is.
Most items, you have in your pantry. Such as pasta, mayo, olive oil, and parmesean cheese. (hopefully).
I personally only purchased Cellentani pasta, Birds Eye Italian protein Blend for this recipe because I had the rest in my pantry. So for this dinner I only spent $3.85 to feed my family of four with left overs! WOWZA!
You can also make your own pesto sauce, most ingredients are in your spice cabinent/drawer.. I never really realized untill I had to work with what I had and make sure I was using all my resources/food in my kitchen. Make meals with what you have! This really saves me alot of money!
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as I do! Thank you again for checking my blog out, it means the world.
- 1 Box of Cellentani Pasta *I bought mine at Walmart
- 2 Cups of Mayonaise ( I prefer Bestfoods)
- 1 Can of Black Olives, I had whole so I just sliced them.
- 1/2 A Jar of Barilla Creamy Ricotta + Basil Pesto Pasta Sauce.
- Olive oil (1/2 Cup)
- Garlic Salt to taste, I just add a little since I love garlic.
- Parmesan Cheese ( grated or shredded)
- 1 Bag of BirdsEye Italian Protein Blend (find it in the frozen section)
(OPTIONAL: Add shredded chicken or Cucumbers!)
- Cook pasta, Drain and cool while heating up the Birds Eye Italian Blend in the Microwave, let cool.
- In another bowl, combine Mayo, Olives, Pesto Sauce, Olive Oil, Parm Cheese, Garlic Salt, and (Chicken).
- Mix all together till smooth and then add the protein mix and stir it all together.
- In a large bowl, add the pasta and sauce and mix all together!
- Store in the fridge till dinner and you’re set!
If you don’t like olives, replace with cucumber!