Hi, friend, 's I'm back with yet another recipe that is yummy + warming for your families belly! What's even better is that it won't break the bank. This recipe feeds 8 servings! Depending on how big your family is, this is a great way for leftovers for the week! I usually pack leftovers for my husbands' lunch!
Like I have posted in my latest post, most items that I used for this dinner was already in my pantry. I have really been trying to use what we have and have the basic "essentials" of my go-to pantry needs. (Last Post)
The only thing I had to restock "buy" is tuna for this weeks dinner. I purchased a pack of 4 from Walmart cause it was on sale and now I have two left for a meal next week!
Let's get cookin!
- 2 cans of tuna (I chose "great value" because it was on sale)
- 1 can of cream of chicken
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of frozen peas (I had sprouts brand in the freezer)
- Macaroni pasta (small size) (La Moderna brand) I had in my pantry.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (the amount you'd like)
- A dash of garlic powder cause I really love garlic
- Parmesan cheese (shredded) for the topping!
- Cook pasta + while it's cooking, start preparing your mix for your bake!
- In a separate bowl, combine cream of chicken, tuna, olive oil, and peas together.
- Mix well while pasta is cooling off.
- In a glass casserole pan, add some olive oil at the bottom so your food doesn't stick. Then add the pasta and mix some mozzarella cheese into it. the cheese should start melting into the pasta.
- Add the tuna mix and then add more mozzarella cheese.
- Top off with some shredded parmesan cheese to complete the dish.
- Bake at 375F for about 10-15 min, until it's melted.
My oven thermostat doesn't work so I always keep an eye on it. so depending on how your oven works I would still check! nothing is worse than having burnt food.
I also paired this dinner with cauliflower mash.
If you try this let me know! I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you again for checking out my blog!